The Christmas season is upon us, and we have a bunch of fun Christmas party games for you to enjoy with your students. Our classroom Christmas party games are for all ages and abilities and will make your festive planning a whole lot easier. In this download, you can sample our festive fun with a game of Christmas Trivia Chairs.
We love a Christmas party here at Lizard Learning, so we have put together a sack full of festive games which you can play in the classroom with your students.
We have adapted some of the classic classroom games and given them a sprinkling of Christmas cheer. We have also created Christmas quizzes to challenge your class and puzzles to stretch your student’s problem-solving skills. There is something for everyone.
This festive download offers a taste of what we have to offer in the form of Christmas Trivia Chairs. It’s a trivia quiz with a twist. We set out the rules and you design the questions. It means you can tailor the quiz to the age, ability and interests of your students.
All you need to do is download the instruction sheet and away you go. It’s as easy as ‘Ho, ho ho’.
How to use the Christmas Trivia Chairs:
- Split your class into 4 teams. They can choose their own quiz name and should sit together as a group.
- Place four chairs at the front of the class, facing the teams and label them A, B, C, and D.
- Each team chooses a player for the round. The players take turns to choose a chair to sit in, A, B, C, or D.
- The teacher reads the question aloud along with the answers A, B, C, or D.
- The audience then takes a vote to establish the correct answer. The player who is sitting in the corresponding chair wins a point/receives a token.
- The team with the most tokens at the end of the quiz wins.
Extension Activities and Fun Ideas:
- Challenge your class to create the quiz questions. Each student can think of a question and the matching answers. This is an inclusive way to involve everyone, and it will guarantee a wide variety of genres to interest all your students.
- Theme your quiz or link it to your learning. You might like to focus your quiz questions on a particular festive topic, perhaps Christmas movies, songs, or traditions. You could also link it to your learning but be careful, you don’t want to gain the reputation of a Christmas Scrooge. It’s a party after all!
All free resources are updated fortnightly. If this freebie is not available visit HERE to grab the latest free resource on us!
Never miss a classroom activity we create. The latest activity has been added to the Lizard Learning Club PLUS Membership.